Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Treat Day

Upside Down Pumpkin Cake Recipe


This isn't a picture that I took. But, I promise the next time I post a recipe, I will attach a picture! This was gone in a flash! I made this on Sunday for my good friends, as we got together to visit. It's quickly becoming my favorite fall dessert! You will know why when you try it!

Pumpkin Upsidedown Cake

350 degrees

Filling:

1 large can of pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I tend to like more spice, so I put in more)
1 c. sugar

Topping:

1 box of yellow or white cake mix
3/4 c. melted butter (this needs to be melted before taking the measurement, if you don't, the top will be chalky)
1/2 c. pecans (optional)

Combine filling ingredients together and pour into greased pan (10x13). Sprinkle cake mix on top of filling and drizzle butter over cake mix.

Bake for 15 mins and put nuts on top. Bake another 30-40 mins.

It's awesome hot, but I really like it cold, it reminds me of Thanksgiving pie leftovers :) YUM!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum! Thanks for posting. That really was delish :)