Monday, February 1, 2010

NYRS Update


I forgot to update my New Years Resolution. My official weigh in day is on Saturday and as of Jan. 30, 2010, my total weight loss is 9.5 lbs!! I'm so happy about that! I have 5.5 more pounds until I reach my first goal of 15 lbs by March 1, 2010. I think I will be able to do it!

I have to be honest and say I have not stuck to my exercise 5 times a week resolution. I decided that I needed to start 1 thing first and then add more "resolutions" after I accomplish one. Right now, I feel like I have conquered some food issues and know how to deal with them when they come back (think the hungry monster from the Weight Watcher's commericals). So, this month, I hope to exercise more.

As I have said before, I'm not following a plan, but I am waiting for Dr. Oz to contact me!! I am melting a bunch of great advice into my plan. Here are some of my melting pot diet secrets (OK, they aren't secrets, but I just could find a better word):

1. Eat more fish. (2-4 times a week, either for lunch or dinner)
2. Eat more vegetarian meals (2 per week for dinner or lunch, if leftovers)
3. Cut out as much sugar as possible.
4. Limit Sodium (I try not to have more than 1000mg per day, some days it's easy, some it's really hard)
5. Eat the same thing for breakfast (either steel cut oats or cheerios with my son)
6. Increase healthy fats (olive oil, salmon, almond butter, nuts, canola oil)
7. Limit or eliminate refined/processed foods
8. Whole wheat/grain everything (bread, pasta, flour)
9. Cheating is OK in moderation
10. Watch Dr. Oz once a week (he scares me a in a good way, motivating!)

OK Dr. Oz, I'm waiting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You ROCK!!!