Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday Treat Day


You are going to want to make these! Best. Pancakes. Ever.

I made these over the weekend and we liked them so much we had them for breakfast and dinner (it makes about 12 large pancakes)! I got this recipe from Health magazine January/February 2010 issue. I did some modifications to make this even more figure friendly! I hope you try them!

(my modifications are: used all whole wheat flour, egg beaters, 2% buttermilk--since I couldn't find 1%, 2 tbsp brown sugar and skim milk to offset the 1% buttermilk. I also didn't make the blueberry sauce, as I added some fresh blueberries/bananas to the mix and used maple syrup instead). Here is the recipe as printed in Health Magazine:

Oatmeal Pancakes with Wild Blueberry Sauce

Soak 1.5 cups of Rolled Oats in 1 cup 1% buttermilk in a small bowl for 15 minutes.

Combine:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 1/2 cup low fat milk

Mix in oatmeal mixture and blend (batter will be thick).

Wild Blueberry Sauce:

2 cups frozen wild blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice

No comments: